Mother’s Day is hurtling around (unless you’re using the US calendar, in which case you have a few months breathing space) and Sunday is your day to be even more lovely to the mums in your life than normal.
Now, if you haven’t got organised already then you can of course face the High Street over the next few days. Which is fine if you can face it, or if you are actually going to see Mum on the day. If not, then you might need some little helpers to still get her something on time. Here’s a few places still available to you:
* Not On the High Street – I’ve already written about my foodie gifts of choice from NOTHS, and the good news is that a number of options are still available by express delivery. Indeed, some will even let you go as late as Friday for ordering if you choose next day, should you not be either very organised or very decisive!
* Fortnum and Mason – should you be wanting to push the boat out and send Mum a Fortnum’s hamper, then the good news is that there is still time, if you order before midday on Thursday. Great choice for a more traditional kind of mum I would think.
* Oliver Bonas – a favourite of mine for last minute gifts if I’m dashing through St Pancras, but also available still online with next day delivery if you order before 2pm. I love these cheese knives, and I hadn’t seen the Bobble water filter jugs before, which would be both practical and attractive. Always have an interesting selection of books as well, worth a look.
* Whisk Hampers – order before 2pm for next day delivery from a wide range of different hampers. The Perfect Paella Kit comes wtih Manzanilla Sherry, or there’s the Luxury Breakfast in Bed Tray. Some good choices, that are just a bit different.
*BritishFineFoods.com – get in quick for this one, as you only have till Tuesday, but some great choices here. I love the Cream Tea in a Box, or the Savoury Selection for something a bit different.
* TheDrinkShop.com – I love this as a source for something a bit different for the drinks cabinet, and with next day delivery you’ve still got time to find something. Different vodkas, different liquers, wine, you name it, if she’s ever hankered after an obscure drink, I bet you’ll find it here.
Of course, if you’re reading this at 6.45pm on Saturday then you might need some more help, so have a look at some previous ideas I’ve had on how to stay out of the doghouse without resorting to flowers from the garage and a quarter pound of Quality Street!